Monday 7 September 2009

Aspect Of The Pet Tamer

Well, I was going to do a Blizzcon related post...but then my laptop seemed to die and I haven't got internet access really yet back at my uni house. That's why this has been a little stale and in that time, I found out two things. One...I missed the Tinternet greatly till right now where I have it at my fingertips and yet I have nothing to really do on it! Two...I'm not really in the mood to do a Blizzcon post currently due to various events in life and all that stuff. I will probably do one later on since I will have very little to do this week. However, for now, I am skipping to the Hunter post.

This post is going to look at the pets I have already or that I want to have and why. It's nothing complex really, it's just a bit of fun for me to relax and not have to think. I've done too much of that recently really. Let's put the real life drama to one side and focus on the pets.

Shinyspoon

My Dwarf Hunter. I have all the pets I want with him right now. Time to list those below. I'll also list the skins of each animal below the info paragraphs to show you what colours they are in case you want to know that.

Spork-Spork is Shiny's bear pet and I've had him since Loch Modan. He's my number one choice for a companion for Dwarves and is the main pet I'm using for levelling right now. I'll never get rid of Spork and if I could, I'd use him more. As a side note, he also seems to have done many entertaining glitches like teleporting, staying online and saving my friend whilst I disconnected, self-rezzing, saving a Horde player when I didn't direct Spork to do so and he even seemed to just self-heal once. Spork is a bear god...Hail Spork!

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_elderblackbear.html

Salami-Named after that lovely tasty meat, Salami was tamed in Dustwallow Marsh after I decided that I'd need a non-Exotic dps pet if I switched from BM to Survival with Shiny and so I set my sights on this lovely red raptor (which is the colour that gave him his name too) after checking the various colours on Petopia. A Raptor pet would have probably looked better with my Troll Huntard but I figured that it looked fine with my Dwarf and I didn't want 3 dps pets with my Troll.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_bloodfenraptor.html

Fluffy-My first Exotic pet that I tamed. I remember the excitement of finally getting the chance to tame Exotics and I knew that I always wanted to tame the Kurken ever since I had done the Draenei starting zone quests with my Drae Paladin. Once I tamed it, I was happy because it was the coolest looking thing ever to me. I wouldn't mind using Fluffy in instances if I was able to be BM spec and all.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_thekurken.html

Helicopter-While I do like the Bloc Party song that this pet shares a name with, I named it this just cause I thought it was funny to name a flying thing after a flying vechile. This pet is going to be my PvP pet fo sho...but I also enjoyed tinkering about with him in Outland and watching Carrion Feeder (pet talent) in action. I had a blue one from Winterspring but I decided that the ones from Shadowmoon looked cooler so I tamed one of those instead at 68.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_vilewingchimaera.html

Megazord-The final pet to add to my Shiny team. I really wanted one of these since Wrath and I was gutted to see the Stampede change which turned them from funky knockbackers to bleed effect increasers which gave them much more situation usage. However, with the way I arranged Mega's talents, he's useful for dealing with Elite mobs/group quests really. And yes, he is named after the Megazord from the original Power Ranger series. It's Stampedin' Time!

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_woolyrhinobull.html

Uglyunicorn

Let's take a look at my lowbie Troll. He's a mix of pets I own and pets I plan on owning.

Lag
-This turtle walks really really quickly....it's not at all laggy. However, Lag is still a better name than most of the others I had for this pet since Speedy is too obvious and I didn't have a huge urge to name it after any of the Ninja Turtles. I had a crab at first with Ugly but I want that with my Goblin so I'm having a Turtle now as my only tank pet since my friend has a Croc and we'll be questing together on our Huntards.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_lakesnapper.html

Fernando-Now, I wasn't going to have a saber cat. I saw too many and was not a fan. However, the lions and tigers were a different story. After having a look on Petopia, I decided to get the Echeyakee lion as a pet since you can only get that skin via him or another spawned pet at level 60. It was a wise choice and he'll probably be Ugly's main companion in the same way Spork is Shiny's.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_echeyakee.html

Taser-I don't have Taser yet but I will tame myself a Wind Serpent from Wailing Caverns at some point. I had a Wind Serp called Taser with Shiny at one point but I decided not to have it anymore so I was happy that Ugly could have him because it suits a Troll really well. I named it Taser for a very simple reason. Wind Serpents electrocute things. Tasers electrocute things. Not really rocket science now, is it? I will probably upgrade to the black and white one (76-77 Elite) from Zul'Drak once Ugly's high enough.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_deviatestinglash.html
http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_scionofquetzlun.html

Wolf-This is where we get on to the ones whose names I am yet to decide. However, I will possibly have two different wolf skins. For OL, I shall get myself a Warhound from Hellfire Ramps for the funky armoured wolf mob. After that, I may have a Blighthound from Zul'Drak. However, I'm not sure if I will change or keep the Warhound skin.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_shatteredhandwarhound.html
http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_vargulblighthound.html

Bird Of Prey-This will probably be my PvP pet. However, I have yet to really decide what skin I'll have or anything. I'm currently deciding between the Emerald Skytalons in Dragonblight and the Hawk Matriarchs from Howling Fjord. However, I'm hopeful that whichever one I choose, it serves me well in battlegrounds.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_emeraldskytalon.html
http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_fjordhawkmatriarch.html

Goblin Hunter

Finally, we come to the Goblin Hunter who I do not have a name for as of yet. This will be a quick list to name the pets I am considering for him currently.

Crab
Worm
Spirit Beast (Skoll mainly)
Cat (Tiger/Leopard/Panther)
Silithid
Hyena
Devilsaur

There we go...a post on my Hunter characters that has a focus on both the pets I do own and the ones I'd like to own. This post was mainly a bit of harmless fun for me and I hope it was pleasant enough for you to read too.

Feel free to give any opinions in the comment sections about this post/the Goblin Hunter list of pets. Hopefully, I'll feel more in the mood to write so I can do that Blizzcon post that's been put on hold far too much. Keep your eyes peeled for the next post!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please insert coin or comment to continue.