Saturday 15 August 2009

Ding Dong, The Levelling Is Dead!

Expect a lot of Wizard of Oz references...I don't know why, I'm just in the mood to do them after I wrote my blog title. Anyway, this post is here to let you know that I've walked the Yellow Brick Road and made it to the Emerald City. If you didn't get the metaphor, I finally got to level 80! Ding-a-ling time! And just like Dorothy in Emerald City, it's an exciting and nervous place to be at. I guess I'll have to get some Courage and start to gear up properly.

Okay, time to write about my feelings at dinging 80 for the first time. Like I said above, it comes with both excitement and nervousness and I'll explain why. Let's start with the excitement angle. It's good and fun and exciting because I know I'm one step closer to raiding and the endgame content and doing Heroics once I gear up. I'm glad that I managed to get to level 80 (all those who powerlevel are scoffing at me right now for feeling like it's an accomplishment) and it should be an exciting challenge to do all these instances to gear up and then to try and tackle the raids head on. This Scarecrow has a Brain now and he's excited at getting to use it and hopefully, he'll get to do so with his current guild.

However, there is a part of me that's acting like the Cowardly Lion. I mean...endgame is a bit of a scary thing and I could just horribly suck at raiding really. I know that it's about learning the ropes and all but what if I can't seem to do so? I'm also a bit worried about my laptop since it's not that great (I still love you though, Laptoppy) and at times, it can lag so that might be an issue. And finally, I might be expected to heal rather than dps. I've had a bit of practice heal-wise since I healed a bit of HoL last night (we wiped on Ionar once and the mage was a bit impatient/fearful that we'd wipe more when we came to Loken so he swapped to his priesty and I got to be dps after) and I healed a 4-man group for Nexus (we did fine till Keristrasza and then we just wiped a lot) but it's not really given me that much confidence yet so I need to work on that loads more.

Hopefully, as time goes on, I'll get some Heart and I won't be as nervous about the endgame. I imagine that if XXL (the guild I'm in) are supportive, that will alleviate worries too. Generally though, I'm excited to be level 80 finally with a character and I want to get out there and start slaying every Wicked Witch and winged monkey out there so I can get shiny gear. Now, close your eyes, tap your heels together three times and repeat after me.

"There's no place like endgame."

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! And getting to 80 -is- an accomplishment, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

    IMHO, the best thing you can have to gain confidence is a good group of friends/guildies. That way it's more about fun than getting the job done. For example, I went with some of my guildmates to heroic AN for the first time and we wiped A LOT...14 times in total before we gave up. We didn't start blaming each other when we got frustrated, we just got more stubborn. Later we came back with better gear, slaughtered the place, and celebrated our victory. It was a confidence booster for us all. And you can't quite do that with a PUG :P

    ReplyDelete

Please insert coin or comment to continue.